Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Guest Bath Complete!!! Well.....almost.

So, here is the big reveal.  We still need to replace the baseboards which should pick up more of the whites and brighten the space.  It will probably be a few months before we get around to replacing them (since the busy school year has begun) and I really wanted to show some pictures!  Take a look at more before pictures here.

BEFORE






AND....After



  
I used Aina linen curtain panels in natural as a shower curtain because I wanted the space to feel taller than it actually is.  The quality of these curtains is outstanding.  They are extra long, a little wrinkled and hang beautifully.  If I could afford to cover all my windows with them, I would.      



The chrome bathroom hardware is an accessory set we purchased from Costco for $29.  Excellent quality for the price.   


You may not be able to tell in the pictures, but unfortunately, our cabinet varnish has started to yellow.  We will probably have to strip them down a bit and put on another layer of paint.  Boo.  The Varathane Premium Polyurethane varnish proved to be a disappointment. 






Overall, we are very pleased with the end result.  I experimented by implementing the 60-30-10 percentage color rule (60% main color, 30% another color, and 10% accent color) on this project and it seems to have paid off.  This is the first project where the colors have come together in a cohesive manner.  Remember, my nemesis is color.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...