Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Drywall and Shout-Outs.


I shall make my intro quick.  Drywall.  Check.  Texture.  Check.  Paint.  Check.  Electric trimmed out.  And, makeshift kitchen.  Check.  View below, y'all!


Okay.  Either I did not take pictures of the finished drywall before putting up electrical trimming or I deleted them.  So, Jump forward and here is my lovely temporary kitchen.  When I say lovely.  I mean LOVELY.  I have never been so thankful for a garbage disposal, dishwasher and working electrical outlets in my life.  

Our microwave and toaster oven kept tripping out our functioning electrical outlets throughout the rest of the house and my husband didn't want to mess with the electrical box.  So, we dragged extension cords throughout when I needed to vacuum, cook (with a low voltage cook top), or do laundry.  Good times.   



 

The Italian, island ventilation hood was apparently manufactured to only fit at least nine foot ceilings.  That, or Europeans maybe like to cook with a hood in their face.  Our contractor Danny had a heck of a time tweaking it to a 32" (30"-36" recommended) height, but he made it work.   



I'd like to give a few shout outs to some of my new "friends."  First off, garbage disposal.  



Next, hey you, 30 year beat up ol' cabinets....


I didn't forget you stapled plastic wrap over my flatware.....


And, you.  tilted pantry.  I will desire you, so long as you don't take a stumble into New Fridge over there. 



In all your duct taped glory.


And, lastly, you, uninstalled dishwasher.  I don't care if you tilt every time I open your door.  You care for me and four hungry males....and your steam option....well, heh, that just puts a smile on my face.  


Cabinets in next week.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...