Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Homeschool Room

We are three weeks into our homeschooling year and so far it is proving to be a new fantastic adventure for our family.  What a nice change to have more of a structured learning environment for both of the boys.  My oldest thrives on the school day experience.  He loves math and geography, though we are really trying to focus more on reading and writing.  They get excited to stand and recite the Pledge of Allegiance.  Below are a few pictures of the school room as it is now.  I am sure a few things will be changing as we get further into the year.

Here is a before.  

Like, way before (when we first bought the house).




When we first decided to homeschool, I knew the number one item on our list would be a large white board.  I discovered early on when my oldest was around 2 years that he is a visual learner.  This arrangement works out well because so am I :)


The World and United States maps were a package set from Costco for about $14.  So far they are working out great, though I might laminate them for extra protection.



The vintage school desks we picked up at a yard sale for $25.  The boys love the storage underneath the tops.  




You might remember what our homeschool room used to look like several months ago when I entered it into Ohdeedoh's annual children's color contest seen here.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...